|*Note: Provide the size of the opening you want protected. We will make whatever allowances are necessary to determine the size of the actual shutter.
• If you have a large or unusual coverage requirement, we, most likely, can accomodate your needs. Please call 1-877-299-1955. This program is intended to satisfy common opening sizes.
Characteristics of Bahama Shutters
Bahama shutters are a great functional product that works for you full time
by providing protection from sun and rain and giving you privacy while looking great all
at the same time.
- Extremely popular as storm protection and adds to the charm of your home.
- Architecturally pleasing
- Can be installed on any existing home
- Easy operation from outside the home.
- Provides added security
- Versatile protection that adds to the look of your home
- Covers openings up to 16 ft. wide and 15 ft. high
- Special sizes available upon request
- Unlimited custom colors
- Medium sound control
- Improved insulation from heat and cold.
Support arms adjustable to 60 degrees. Bahama style shutters have been used for years. The dimensions we need are the width of the opening and the height of the opening. Standard allowances will be made by us.
- Measure opening width "inside opening"
- Measure opening height " inside opening"
With Sill Projection:
- *Measure Sill Projection
*Include that measurement for build out.
Tools required: Hammer Drill,5/16 Drill Bits,5/16 Driver,Hammer and # 3 screw driver.
- Start holes 1" minimum to 3" maximum from the end of hinge.
- Drill Bahama hinge out every 12" for concrete and 6" for wood.
- Mount hinge onto house with 2 1/2" minimum screws. Use Tapcon for cement buildings and Woodscrews for wood Buildings.
- Slide Bahama into hinge. NOTE: if you do not have room, slide Bahama on hinge and then mount.
- Install Bahama arm to Bahama with bolts.
- Keep Bahama in closed position and Bahama arm closed. Mount camel back to wall in closed position.
- Mount angle locks onto side of Bahamas.